Sunday 29 January 2012

Cold Camera (1)

I couldn't find my piano in the church today (no, I will nòt explain this any further) so I had an earlier walk, this morning.
Good! Because the metereoliars said it would be really cold, great to test cold-camera-handling.
Well, turned out to be only nil° below zero, but I learned two important things:

1:  the light was surprisingly low, 1/20 at F3,5 (the Complan is fixed) and

2:  then the Minox was difficult to handle (and rather cold too, I must admit). Impossible with gloves, probably.

At 1/20 you need a pole or something, and in Siberia you'll need an axe to remove the poor thing from that pole.

1 comment:

  1. You need the axe anyway, to make a pole :)
    For all the mentioned reasons, I guess the Hasselblad can be handled rather well, especially with the focuslever attached on the lens.

    ReplyDelete